Image by Ferdi's World via Flickr
Michael Jackson's "movie" from beyond the grave, 'This Is It', hit the cinemas yesterday and netted whichever parasites own the rights to his work a cool $20 million dollars on the first day. My cynicism aside, here are some things you might not have known about the star...
1. Michael Jackson invented and patented special boots that allowed the wearer to lean so far forward that they seem to defy gravity. He used these for the famous "lean" in the "Smooth Criminal" music video. [LINK]
2. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker SEGA game involved him "saving" children from a crime boss called Mr. Big. [LINK]
3. He was nicknamed "smelly". [LINK]
4. He (bizarrely) believed that if you peeled the skin off KFC chicken, it made it organic. [LINK]
5. As a result of unpaid debts Neverland Ranch (Jackson's home) and its contents were to be auctioned off. Shortly before the auction was to take place it was cancelled, but not before someone managed to take photos of the strange things on offer. [LINK]
6. Following child sex abuse allegations, the Neverland Ranch was left to rot and fall into a state of disrepair. [LINK]